Tuesday, August 3, 2010

My flight to Tokyo... (1st Week of Japan - Part 1)

So I arrived... First to Tokyo, then three days later to my home city, Fukuyama, in Hiroshima Prefecture. But let's start at the beginning, shall we?

The flight to Tokyo was better than expected, mainly because there were three of us (all JETs) for five seats, so we could actually get a bit more comfortable when we wanted to sleep. I ended up watching two movies within barely 2 and a half hours, which made me question, if not my sanity, but definitely my perception of time... and just how long those movies were. Before you start wondering some more, I first watched the "Diary of a Wimpy Kid," which was in my opinion one of the best movies I've seen in quite some time and hence highly recommend that you check it out as well! The second one was "Leap Year," which was ok for a romantic comedy, even though the actors were pretty good. Either way, I finished both movies fully (with interruptions from the crew) in much less time than I thought possible. (I still haven't checked how long each movie actually supposed to be... wonder if ours was edited?)
After the movies, I ended up spending my time very constructively... that is, by playing Star Craft (1, for those who are wondering). Unfortunately I got a bit flustered trying to stay alive and I ended up using cheats to try and finish the level, at which point (of course) the game lost all its fun. Oh well... >.< I still have time until mid-September to finish it, so no biggie.
We arrived to Narita around 2:30PM, roughly on time, and headed to the hotel safe and sound...

(To be continued....)

No comments:

Post a Comment